Trinity Tower erected 1810 at a cost of £2000 by the Master and Brethren of Trinity House Newcastle, as a watch tower for Shields Pilots.
The Coat of Arms Deus Debit Vela means God will give the sails.
It was purchased by South Shields Corporation in 1890 and used as a home for under gardeners in the park.
During World War II it was used by the Military and in 1946 became a Radar Training Station for South Shields Marine & Tech. College .